Monday, January 3, 2011

Introduction

Hello everyone!  Allow me to introduce this blog, by which you will get to know me.  The purpose of this blog is to get my thoughts out into the open on a variety of topics: mainly politics, but also sports, religion, technology, and whatever else strikes my fancy.
A bit of background on me first.  I am in my late twenties, a religious Jew, a resident of Philadelphia, and in the financial services industry.  In addition (as the title of this blog should suggest), my politics tend to be waaaaaaaay to the right of center, which will become obvious fairly quickly.  However, I am always willing to hear both sides of an issue, and I'm not afraid to "cross the aisle" if I think the "liberal" side of an issue makes sense (see Kelo v. New London, for example).
You will hear about all of the above-mentioned topics in this blog, and I hope to get comments from any reader who is willing to give his or her point of view on any given topic.  The point is to be able to open a dialog, so all parties to the discussion can come away feeling more educated than they did before.
Feel free to follow me on Twitter @shimonmds, or post a comment if you want to contribute to the discussion or if there is a topic you want to hear about.
Thanks, and I'll see you on the interwebs!

No comments:

Post a Comment